In 1975, 与此同时，他们也渴望改善杰克逊维尔的景观, a small group of citizens began the not-for-profit organization Greenscape杰克逊维尔的, 公司. 该组织的第一个项目集中在市中心地区. Cooperating with the City of Jacksonville through the Jacksonville Downtown Development Authority, Greenscape planted 250 commemorative trees along Downtown sidewalks. 其余的，正如他们所说，都是历史!
Greenscape gradually directed its focus outward from the center of the city, sharing the responsibility of tree planting in the Jacksonville area with interested neighborhood and community groups. Today, the organization is credited with over 350,000 trees added to our local canopy. 除了自己的植树项目, Greenscape enthusiastically embraces its role as a catalyst for change. 该组织定期接近社区, institutions and governmental agencies with exciting and innovative projects.
Greenscape sets the environmental standard in Jacksonville through its active participation at all levels in issues pertaining to trees. By working with the City of Jacksonville in an advisory capacity to establish the City’s Landscape Ordinance, 在市长环境谘询委员会任职, 牛仔裤的树联盟, 还有保持杰克逊维尔美丽委员会, Greenscape continues to expand awareness of the importance of our tree canopy to the health and economic well-being of our community. The organization has received numerous awards and recognition at the local, 州和国家层面.
Ann Baker and Susan Fisher Davis establish Greenscape杰克逊维尔的.
Greenscape’s first trees are planted on the streets of Downtown Jacksonville.
Trees are planted on Roosevelt Boulevard, Riverside Avenue, Springfield Park and San Marco Boulevard.
1,500 historic trees are planted at 92 Duval County Public Schools; 1,500 more trees are planted at the Prime Osborn Convention Center and I-95; and several hundred trees are planted on St. 河畔的约翰大街.
4,在Heckscher Drive和I-95公路上种植了500棵树, 还有奥尔特加的格兰德大道和河滨市的国王街.
7,500 trees are planted at the stadium approach and interchange; hundreds more are planted on Stockton Street, 大西洋大道和海滩大道.
Greenscape completes the “Greening” of Herschel Street in Riverside and 300 绉长春花 in the Moncrief area.
1,400 mixed trees and 119 palm trees are added to the slopes of the Acosta Bridge; 62 new HabiJax homes at Royal Terrace receive trees. JEA and Greenscape enter a tree-planting partnership – Green Releaf.
Greenscape’s “Urban Tree Ranger” event teaches proper planting and pruning techniques.
Greenscape creates a true boulevard to the beaches on Atlantic Boulevard.
The “Greenscape for a Greener Jacksonville” exhibit debuts at MOSH.
1998 志愿者 commit to “Taking the Bland out of Blanding Boulevard” by planting trees, 两英里外是灌木和地被植物.
Greenscape and Citizens for Tree Preservation claim victory in the historic vote to strengthen minimum standards for tree protection, 保护和缓解杜瓦尔县.
HabiJax completes its largest buildout of 100 homes at Fairway Oaks; Greenscape plants trees at each site.
Greenscape partners with Ronald McDonald House Charities to landscape a new Ronald McDonald House on Nira Street.
Greenscape creates and builds an outdoor classroom at LaVilla School of the Arts.
The “Great Greenscape 树赠品” distributes 20,000 trees to Jacksonville residents.
Greenscape plants 50 trees at all five campuses of FSCJ in celebration of the college’s 50th anniversary.
绿色景观展出“蓝色的树”艺术装置, drawing attention to the importance of trees at five locations in Jacksonville.
The Flowering Tree Sale becomes the Greenscape Tree Festival and Giveaway.The Flowering Tree Sale becomes the Greenscape Tree Festival and Giveaway.
Greenscape plants “One Tree Per School” for DCPS and Jacksonville’s City Council through a joint collaboration.
Boise Paper sponsors a planting at Thomas Jefferson Elementary School and distributes 500 free trees to the surrounding neighborhood.
Greenscape partners with Wingard to refresh its brand identity and website.
- 沿着罗斯福大道5英里长280棵绿白蜡树.S. 从麦克达夫大道到蒂姆夸纳路.
- 312棵橡树、山茱萸和桃金娘在河滨和圣. 约翰大街，赫歇尔大街和公园大街.
- Significant plantings of Bradford pear trees and 绉长春花 along San Marco Boulevard and Hendricks Avenue.
- More than 40 trees planted along the Atlantic Boulevard median between Gay and Arletha.
- 3,该地区的学生种植了000棵树, 教师, 以及在公立学校做志愿者.
90 palm trees planted at the perimeter of Jessie Ball duPont park in Downtown, 为了纪念佛罗里达50周年庆典.
- More than 100 sycamores, 绉长春花 and bald cypress planted at HabiJax homes.
- 近14,000 trees planted along Jacksonville’s urban highways in Greenscape’s Baby Trees project: 1,500 at I-95 and the Prime Osborn Convention Center; 4,500 at I-95 and Heckscher Drive; 7,500 at TIAA Bank Field; and 1,400人在阿科斯塔桥的南边.
- 加州枣椰树, 绉长春花, 以及沿大西洋大道一英里的中间地带, 从梅波特路到第三街, 建立了通往海滩社区的门户.
- Creation of “Green Releaf,” a partnership between JEA and Greenscape.
- 树、灌木和草安装在I-10和U.S. 17交换.
- Established an award-winning Urban Tree Ranger Program, teaching volunteers pruning techniques.
- Accomplished model project for “Right Tree, Right Place” on Herschel Street.
- 许多非营利组织合作, 比如罗纳德·麦克唐纳慈善机构, 弧, HabiJax, 第一个三通, 佩斯女子中心, 操作新的希望, 以及杰克逊维尔住房合作组织.
- Partnered with the National Football League to initiate the first carbon-neutral major sport event by planting 1,000 trees in The Green Zone: Super Bowl XXXIX Carbon-Neutral Forest at UNF.
- 2007 Great Greenscape 树赠品 distributed 20,000 free trees to the public.
东北佛罗里达非营利组织合作 & 创新奖-绿叶
Alliance for Community Trees/首页 Depot Foundation NeighborWoods Award
Jax Pride Group环境奖